2010 saw the automotive industry
gradually return to growth after the global economic recession in 2009. Demand
for vehicles in mature markets improved and continued to grow in emerging
markets. Emerging auto markets for the first time accounted for more than half
of global light vehicle sales in 2010 - some 51 percent - clearly signaling a
shift in the global market that has been underway for the past five years. Auto
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the US and Europe have sharpened
their focus on fresh opportunities in the emerging markets (China, India,
Russia and other Asia-Pacific countries), Japanese OEMs like Toyota, Nissan and
Honda have managed to further tighten their grip on the world’s largest
automobile markets (the US and Europe). In 2010, China was the top auto market
in volume of sales followed by the United States, Japan, Brazil and Germany, by
2015, India will have the third-largest market and Brazil will be fourth.
Perni Sri Harsha
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
skype : harsha.perni mobile : +91 9962388609
facebook : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1193420766
- 2007-12: B.Tech in Mechanical
Engineering and M.tech in Energy Technology at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
Heavy Electricals Ltd., Hyderabad- Engineer Trainee - May ’09 to July ‘09
Beloit Corperation, Hyderabad - May ’10 to July ‘10
- Worked in Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines and
Compressors manufacturing plant. Gained experience on different manufacturing
Process (Milling, Drilling, Taping, etc) on CNC machines.
- Analysed vibrational
behavior of a steam turbine rotor and turbine performance.
- Worked in different sections like Heavy Machine
Shop, Light Machine Shop, Blade Shop, Rotor Shop, Assembly Bay, Testing Bay and
Dynamic Rotor Balancing Machine.
on assembly drawing automation of outline parts of a motor using Solid Works
- Derived various expressions for the number of conductors to be filled in a stator of a motor for different slot shapes.
Positions of Responsibility
- Energy conservation in Data Centers.
- Acquisition of Pressure Data form engine cylinder with
respect to crank angle.
- Design of Plate Heat Exchanger.
- Solutions for Laptop cooling.
- Design of Hydrogen fueled engine.
Sports Secretary, Mandakini
Hostel, IIT Madras - Apr ’09 to Mar ‘10
Finance Core for Mechanica
(Departmental fest of Mechanical Engineering Dept., IIT Madras). - Apr ’09 to Mar ‘10
- Successfully lead a team of 20 captains of various sports for success in the
inter-hostel sports competitions.
- Organized various sports competitions for a hostel of 300 people.
- Handled the finance of Mechanical Engineering Association and Mechanica which has a budget of Rs.300,000.
- Secured 93 on 100 in National Stock Exchange’s exam on Financial Markets (Beginner’s Module).
- Coordinated various activities at IIT Madras like Saarang, Mechanica and Sports.
- Represented the hostel and institute in various sports.
- Gym, playing Cricket, Hockey and Carroms.
- Watching movies, cricket and football.
- English, Hindi and Telugu